Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beautiful glass balls

What? Yes, you are looking at marbles! I have been collecting marbles for about 6 months now and it's really hard to deny their beauty, especially when you learn how they were made, what companies made them, how old they are and much more. I only collect vintage marbles, the new stuff can be cool but it's just not the same. I am nostalgic in nearly everything I am interested in, so it's only natural to want vintage mibs! This photo was taken by "glasseye" of All About Marbles forum that I joined and have become an administrator of. The owner Kevin, needed some help and I have a history of building and running forums, so there I am.
What makes this photo so damn cool? It's for me, the lighting and the colors. He has some VERY nice and pricey marbles in this photo. Glasseye used a blacklight/spotlight/flashlight to center the focus on his Uranium enriched oxblood. This photo is book or magazine worthy. Would you think there is more than $1,000.00 worth the marbles in this picture? Now you might understand why it's fun to collect them....the HUNT IS ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment