Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Unobtainium

This is one of the hardest kits to find and easily one of the most expensive. The hard part is finding one that is complete and restorable or unbuilt. The last mint one I saw sell for $500 on ebay. Ridiculous! I know it's hard to find, but shit ... it's a MODEL KIT! Ok calming down....I know there are "collectors" out there that just jizz all over themselves for these things. I am a builder, so I won't be paying anywhere near that for one.
There are at least two resin casters doing parts of this kit and one is doing the whole kit. They are even over $100.00 and I ain't payin' that much for a freakin' resin kit either. Resin can be nice for certain things, but for a whole kit....heck with that, I need styrene in the mix!
Ode to one of the coolest show rods that still reigns as a traditionaly styled hot rod in my book.
PS....REVELL WHERE ARE THE TOOLS FOR THIS KIT???? COME ON GUYS YOU CAN ISSUE THIS AGAIN AND MAKE TONS OF SALES!

No comments:

Post a Comment